Freight Train vs Truck
[Updated May 2019]
Which mode of transport is more efficient for shipping and what are the advantages and disadvantages of train vs truck transportation? See our new infographic answering these questions.
- Railways consume up to 9x less energy per tonne kilometer traveled than trucks
- On average, trains are 4x more fuel efficient
- Can carry more freight at the same time
- Cheaper for long distance
- Emit 75% fewer GHG emissions
- Predictable scheduling
- Cost-effective for short distances
- Better for perishable foods that can be put in storage easily
- Just in time delivery, door to door service
- Huge opportunities to increase efficiency
Ready to learn more?
You may also be interested in these informational articles of our blog (they’re specifically written and designed to help YOU, the customer, make better informed shipping decisions & ship with a peace of mind).
Choose the best freight options for your shipping needs:
- Rail vs. Road Shipping
- LTL vs. FTL
- Plastic Pallets vs. Wooden Pallets
- Pallet vs. Skid vs. Crate [Infographic]
- Learn How to Calculate Freight Density [Infographic]
- Calculate Freight Rates Easily [Infographic]
- How to Properly Pack Your Freight on a Pallet
Extra reading (because sustainability is important!)
Ready to book and save time & money on shipping?
Register here. It’s FREE. Quotes are all online, easy, affordable and all-inclusive.
Questions? Call our Client Care team to set up a free consultation today: 800 886 4870 Ext. 1, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our Help Center!
Not so sure? Read what our customers say about our rates and service.