Freight Train vs Truck – what is more efficient for shipping and what are the advantages and disadvantages of rail vs truck transportation? See our new infographic answering these questions.
- Railways consume up to nine times less energy per tonne kilometer traveled than trucks
- On average, Trains are 4 times more fuel efficient
- Can carry more freight at the same time
- Cheaper for long distance
- Emit 75% fewer GHG emissions
- Predictable scheduling
- Cost-effective for short distances
- Better for perishable foods that can be put in storage easily
- Just in time delivery, door to door service
- Huge opportunities to increase efficiency
Looking to Ship Freight?
Compare quotes and book instanly at Freightera