Frequently Asked Questions about Freightera
Our customer service representatives are just an email or a phone call away if you need help. But first, check our FAQs to see if your question has already been answered.
- What is Freightera
It’s a free online marketplace that instantly brings together companies who need to ship freight with transport carriers who need freight to fill their trucks. Freightera is based in Vancouver, BC and serves the Canadian and US business-to-business freight market with less than truckload (LTL) and full truckload (TL or FTL) freight services, whether you’re shipping in Canada, US or across the US-Canada borders.
- How does Freightera work
Freightera is like the Expedia of shipping freight. Just type in your origin and destination, dates and quantity you’re shipping. Instantly see all available trucks and rates. You book the deal you want!
- How do I track shipments in Freightera
Every shipment comes with a tracking number so you can monitor shipment pickup and delivery.
- Shipping involves a lot of paperwork. How does Freightera help make that easier
Paperwork is generated automatically in real time. Your entire order history is consolidated in one place.
- What is the difference between Freightera and a load board or standard freight-matching service
Freightera offers the first online platform that provides instant data, including price, transport availability and shipping time, from hundreds of FTL and LTL carriers directly to shippers.
Information comes directly from carriers’ databases in real time, ensuring it is accurate and current.
- Can I really book the shipment, from quote to delivery without a single phone call
Customers just type in their requirements and then receive competitive quotes directly from carriers. There’s no back and forth calls with freight brokers.
- How does Freightera choose the freight transportation companies it works with
Freightera only works with reliable, qualified carriers who have been in business for over 1 year, have a positive credit check and positive references.
- What does it cost to use Freightera
Membership is FREE! In addition, you get free training and assistance if you need it.
- How do I start
Go to our customer registration page, fill in your information, and get quotes!
Billing and Payment Information
- Who bills the customer
Freightera bills the customer.
- Who pays the carrier
Freightera pays the carrier.
System Security and Access
- What security measures has Freightera put into place to protect my information
Freightera online platform uses high-level security software to protect both customer and carrier information. No unauthorized user can view system data or information. We also use:
- System alerts to identify weak user passwords
- Continual, rigorous site testing to ensure protection against hacking
- Robust, redundant, fully-scalable servers to handle all web traffic
- Can I run Freightera on any kind of computer
Yes. If you’ve got access to the internet, you’re set. Freightera online freight shipping platform runs works best with Google Chrome 13 or higher, Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Safari 5 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 4 or higher.