Frequently Asked Questions about Freightera
- What is Freightera?
It’s a FREE online marketplace that instantly brings together companies who need to ship freight with 100s of transport carriers who need freight to fill their trucks. Freightera is based in Vancouver, BC and serves the Canadian and US business-to-business freight market with less than truckload (LTL) and full truckload (TL or FTL) freight services, whether you’re shipping in Canada, US or across the US-Canada borders.
- How does Freightera work?
Freightera is like the Expedia of shipping freight. Just type in your origin and destination, dates and quantity you’re shipping. Instantly see all available trucks and rates. You book the deal you want!
- How do I track shipments in Freightera?
Every shipment comes with a tracking number so you can monitor the entire process online, from pickup to delivery.
- Shipping involves a lot of paperwork. How does Freightera help make that easier?
Paperwork (like BOLs and POs) is generated automatically in real time. Your entire order history is consolidated in one place.
- What is the difference between Freightera and a load board or standard freight-matching service?
Freightera offers the first online platform that provides instant data, including price, transport availability and shipping time, from hundreds of truckload and LTL carriers directly to shippers.
Information comes directly from carriers’ databases in real time, ensuring it is accurate and current.
- Can I really book the shipment, from quote to delivery without a single phone call?
Customers just type in their requirements and then receive competitive quotes directly from carriers. There’s no back and forth calls with freight brokers.
- How does Freightera choose the freight transportation companies it works with?
Freightera only works with reliable, qualified carriers who have been in business for over 1 year, have a positive credit check and positive references.
- What does it cost to use Freightera?
Membership is FREE! In addition, you get free training and assistance if you need it.
- How do I start?
Go to our shipper registration page, fill in your information, then start getting quotes!
Billing and Payment Information
- Who bills the customer?
Freightera bills the customer.
- Who pays the carrier?
Freightera pays the carrier.
System Security and Access
- What security measures has Freightera put into place to protect my information?
Freightera online platform uses high-level security software to protect both customer and carrier information. No unauthorized user can view system data or information. We also use:
- System alerts to identify weak user passwords
- Continual, rigorous site testing to ensure protection against hacking
- Robust, redundant, fully-scalable servers to handle all web traffic
- Can I run Freightera on any kind of computer?
Yes. If you’ve got access to the internet, you’re set. Freightera online freight shipping platform runs works best with Google Chrome 13 or higher, Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Safari 5 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 4 or higher.