Information on what is considered a limited access location in freight shipping & how to quote if your shipping or delivery location falls under this category (eg. farms, airports, storage, schools...)
A limited access location may be any commercial or non-commercial site where pick up or delivery is restricted, for one or more of the following reasons:
- the location is not open to the general public during business hours;
- the pick up/delivery requires setting up an appointment;
- the location has gates or security inspections;
- the location doesn’t have access to a loading dock or platform;
- the location cannot accommodate a 53’ truck.
The term 'Limited Access' includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Constructions Sites
- Golf Courses
- Military Base/Installations
- Mine Sites
- Medical/Urgent care sites without a dock
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Night Clubs
- Storage Units
Please note that this list is not final, and there could be exceptions.
If your pick up/delivery location is a limited access location, you need to indicate that on the quoting page. If you don’t include this information while quoting and you ship from/to a limited access location, the carrier will adjust your final bill with extra charges.
If you have any questions, you can chat with us, call our super-friendly Client Care team at (800) 886-4870 Ext. 1 or at [email protected]