Special handling (Value-Added) services
Information on Value-Added services in freight shipping
Special handling services are Value-Added services performed by the carrier when shipping freight.
They include, but are not limited to:
- Inside pick up/delivery
- Providing a jigger/pallet jack
- Protect-from-freeze service
- Using a tailgate/liftgate
- Picking up/delivering in a straight truck
- Picking up/delivering to a trade show
- Shipping to Amazon
- Shipping from/to a limited access location
- Delivery by appointment
- Pallet breakdown
If your shipment requires any Value-Added services, you need to include them when quoting.
If your pick up/delivery locations end up using any special handling services that were not included in the quote, the carrier will adjust your final bill with extra charges.
If you have any questions, you can chat with us, call our super-friendly Client Care team at (800) 886-4870 Ext. 1 or email us at [email protected]